LUNAR NEW YEAR CONTEST RULES
(the “Contest Rules”)
1. Sponsor. The Lunar New Year Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Our Home & Miniature Land Inc. o/a Little Canada with a registered office at Unit D, 1388 Cornwall Road, Oakville, ON, L6J 7W5, and operating at 10 Dundas St E Basement2, Toronto, ON, M5B 2G9 (the “Sponsor”). The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram, or any social media network/platform.
2. Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Decisions of the Sponsor and its representatives as to a person’s eligibility to enter are final.
3. Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on February 5, 2024 at 9am ET and ends on Thursday February 29 2024 at 7pm ET (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
How to Enter. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. Qualified entrants may enter the Contest by attending the Little Cananda Exhibit located at 10 Dundas St E, Toronto, ON M5B 2G9 between February 5th, 2024 to February 29, 2024. Once in the Exhibit, entrants will be required to look for six (6) hidden Lunar New Year Dragon Exhibits, set their Instagram profile to “Public”, follow @LittleCanada on Instagram and post a video or image of a hidden Lunar New Year Dragon and tagging @LittleCanada. Each post is an entry to the weekly random draw for the week the entrant attended the Little Canada Exhibit during the Contest period. Maximum of six (6) entries per entrant (one post per
Lunar New Year Dragon Exhibit). Alternate Means of Entry: To enter by email, eligible entrants may send an original email to firstname.lastname@example.org once per week during the contest period by including (i) an original fifty (50) word essay, written by the entrant, about their favourite part of Little Canada; (ii) the entrant’s name, age, email address, telephone number, and confirmation of agreement to these Contest Rules; Many public libraries, retail businesses and others offer free access to computers and a number of Internet service providers and other companies offer free e-mail accounts.
4. By participating in the Contest, each entrant warrants and represents that any entry materials he/she submits are original to him/her and does not contain any likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority. Identifiable third-party products, trade-marks, brands and/or logos must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable. The Sponsor reserves the right to screen all entry materials. Any entry materials that the Sponsor deems to violate the terms and conditions in these Rules are subject to disqualification and Sponsor may take whatever action it deems necessary based on the circumstances – including, without limitation, disqualifying the entry materials (and therefore the corresponding associated entrant).
5. Contest Prize. The prize is one twenty dollar ($20) Little Canada gift card redeemable at Little Canada for tickets, Littlization, Little Bites or Little Things, per week, for a total of eighty dollars ($80). The prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
6. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
7. Winner Selection and Confirmation. The potential winner will be chosen after closing on Sunday, February 11, 18, 25 and Friday March 1. (the “Draw Date”) at Little Canada at 10 Dundas St E Basement2, Toronto, ON, M5B 2G9, the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed winners if he/she meets all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, the Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Winner Release form; and (iii) comply with all Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within 24 hours of the contest draw and will be contacted by direct mail via their Instagram account or in the case of the alternative method of entry, by the email provided by the entrant. Up to three (2) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Signed copies of the Sponsor’s Winner Release must sent to the Sponsor via email to: info@little-
canada.ca and be received by the Sponsor no later than five (5) days after the first contact is made by the Sponsor .
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
8. Release and Indemnification. The winner must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, suppliers, administrators, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, use or misuse of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, the administration of the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Release; (iv) injury or damage the entrant’s computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of their entry by the Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
9. Conduct. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in the discretion of the Sponsor. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
11. Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, in perpetuity and without further notice or compensation.
12 Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
13. Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
14. Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
15. Personal Information: Unless the entrant has otherwise authorized the Sponsor or another entity related to the Contest to contact them, the personal information gathered about entrants in connection with this Contest will be used solely for the administration of the Contest and is subject to Little Canada’s privacy policies (available at https://little-canada.ca/privacy-policy/), and no communication unrelated to the Contest, commercial or otherwise, will be sent to the entrant by the Sponsor.