Contest Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
LITTLE EAST COAST CONTEST RULES
(the “Contest Rules”)
- Sponsor. The Little East Coast Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by Our Home & Miniature Land Inc. o/a Little Canada with a registered office at Unit D, 1388 Cornwall Road, Oakville, ON, L6J 7W5, and operating at 10 Dundas St E Basement2, Toronto, ON, M5B 2G9 (the “Sponsor”). The Contest is not sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Facebook or Instagram, or any social media network/platform.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the Canada, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, with the exception of employees of the Sponsor, its parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, departments or agencies, suppliers, advertising and promotional agencies, contest administrators, and any other parties engaged in the development, production or distribution of Contest materials, and those living in the same household. By participating in this Contest, entrants acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of these Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Decisions of the Sponsor and its representatives as to a person’s eligibility to enter are final.
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on Saturday, April 1, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. ET and ends on Sunday, April 30, 2023 at 9:00 a.m. ET (the “Contest End Date”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further entries will be accepted.
- How to Enter. No purchase is necessary to enter or win the Contest. Qualified persons can enter by downloading the entry form from www.little-canada.ca/little-east-coast, completing the entry form, and returning it to the sponsor by email to email@example.com. For this Contest, receipt of an Internet entry occurs when Sponsor’s server records the entry information. All entries must be complete and are subject to verification by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Each qualified person is limited to one entry. Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating and/or winning a prize. Entries that contain false or incomplete information are void. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of these Contest Rules are void. Entrants grant Sponsor a non-exclusive licence to use all entries for any purpose. No correspondence will be entered into except with Selected Entrants. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of entry or receipt of an entry.
- My East Coast Story. As part of the entry form, entrants will write and submit a story [in English or French] about the East Coast of Canada [that could revolve around a personal experience, or a favourite place or activity]. Entrants represent and warrant that the story submitted with their entry has been originally and lawfully created in whole by the entrant. Copyright in each submitted story remain with the respective entrant. Entrants consent to the use, modification, and/or reproduction of the story by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- How a Winner is Chosen – Skill-testing Question. The Sponsor will assemble a panel of its employees to review the stories and select [their favourite entry that reflects the spirit of Little Canada and the Little East Coast destination]. Selected Entrants will be required, as a condition of winning a prize, to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, the Sponsor’s time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone or email.
- Contest Prizes. There is one (1) prize available to be won, courtesy of the Sponsor, for the winner and three (3) guests, consisting of: round trip airfare for four (4) on Porter Airlines between St. John’s NF, Halifax NS, Fredericton or Moncton NB, or Charlottetown PEI, and Toronto ON; accommodation for two (2) nights at Chelsea Hotel, Toronto; admission to Little Canada for one (1) day; attendance at the Little East Coast Launch Party; a Little Me which will require attendance at Little Canada and at least two weeks thereafter to produce; and placement of their Little Me within Little East Coast. The approximate retail value of the prize is $5,000 CAD. The winner assumes any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering, participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a prize. The prize must be accepted as awarded, without substitution, and has no cash value. The prize or any portion thereof cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute an alternate prize of equal or greater value if an advertised prize is unavailable at the time of award.
- Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received before the Contest End Date.
- Winner Selection and Confirmation. On May 1, 2023 at 10:00 a.m. ET (the “Draw Date”) at Little Canada at 10 Dundas St E Basement2, Toronto, ON, M5B 2G9, the Sponsor, or an employee, agent or other representative of the Sponsor, will conduct a random draw from all eligible entries received before Contest End Date and select the potential winner (the “Selected Entrant”). The Selected Entrant will be deemed winners if he/she meets all of the eligibility criteria set out in these Contest Rules. If the Selected Entrant does not meet the eligibility criteria, he/she will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another entrant will be selected by way of a random draw from the remaining eligible entries. Before being declared a winner, the Selected Entrant will be required to: (i) correctly answer the Sponsor’s skill-testing question; (ii) sign and return the Sponsor’s Winner Release and Travel Companion Release forms; and (iii) comply with all Contest Rules, all in the sole discretion of Sponsor.
The Selected Entrant will be notified within 24 hours of the contest draw and will be contacted by email and/or telephone at the address and/or phone number provided at the time of entry into the Contest. Up to three (3) attempts will be made to contact Selected Entrants within 36 hours following the draw. A Selected Entrant that does not or cannot accept a prize may be forfeited and a new Selected Entrant selected by random draw, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Signed copies of the Sponsor’s Winner Release and Travel Companion Release must be received by the Sponsor no later than May 15, 2023. Sponsor is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a Selected Entrant to receive notification or for the Sponsor to receive a Selected Entrant’s response.
Disputes regarding identity of entrant: If the identity of a Selected Entrant is disputed, the entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the individual assigned to the email address or, if applicable for entry, social media handle associated with the entry (the “Authorized Account Holder”). Each Selected Entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the Authorized Account Holder associated with a selected entry.
- Release and Indemnification. The winner and guests [or the guests and the guests’ parent/legal guardian if a minor] must sign the Sponsor’s Winner Release and Travel Companion Release forms to: (i) confirm compliance with all Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept the prize as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, Facebook, Instagram, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, representatives, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, suppliers, administrators, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, loss or injury, suit, debt, covenant, contract, including legal fees and expenses, use or misuse of a prize or any travel or accommodation related thereto, and the use of entries by the Sponsor, whatsoever, including but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services, any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind by a winner with any aspect of the Contest or any prize, liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns have, might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of the entrant’s participation in the Contest, the administration of the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the entrant of prizes as awarded; and (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by entrants with any of the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant of a prize, and the use of entries by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate entry information which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and entries which fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected entries or Winner Release or Travel Companion Release forms; (iv) injury or damage the entrant’s computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any travel related thereto and the use of their entry by the Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential winner.
- The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant it finds to be: (i) violating these Contest Rules; (ii) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (iii) acting in an unsporting or disruptive manner, or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person, all in the discretion of the Sponsor. Any attempt by an entrant or any other individual to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and/or civil laws. Should any such attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Other Conditions. The Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this Contest at any time and in any way, without prior notice. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest and conduct a random draw from all previously received eligible entries received by the Contest End Date.
- Publicity and Entrant Information. By participating in the Contest, entrants consent to the use of their name, address, email address, postal code, telephone number, social media handle(s), comments and image, whether on videotape, photograph or any other means, for the administration of the Contest or any publicity carried out by the Sponsor, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of Ontario, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Toronto, Ontario.
- Rule Amendments. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest.
- Insurance. The Sponsor may require the winner and any travel guests to obtain travel insurance, including trip cancellation insurance, prior to departure, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s copyrighted material or other intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.